Saturday, February 10, 2007

Where I have been

Well folks I have been gone for a bit due to what I thought was a minor auto accident which consisted of some kid bumping me from the rear as I sat at a stop sign. Apparently the jolt affected my ankle ligament which days later subsequently failed me miserably. I am now on crutches and wearing one of those boots that people with fractured ankles wear. Anyway, as Mardi Gras is upon us here in the Nola area, I hobbled over to the new Family Gras concert series today to hear the Little River Band followed by AI's Kellie Pickler. LRB took me and my husband back to our courting days circa 1977 with their string of songs from Cool Change (very weather appropriate for this sunny but chilly outdoor extravaganza) to Hold On (which I did quite a bit to my husband and my daughter to keep balance.) My only complaint is with Ms Pickler's management. My daughter is a reporter and copy editor for the University of New Orleans Driftwood News. She contacted Ms. Pickler's people over two weeks ago about an interview for a review of the Small Town Girl CD. After a second attempt, she received an email that the request would be forwarded to her publicist who for one reason or another...ignored it. Was a circulation of 12000 not big enough for them? Is publicity not important to rising stars these days? Incidentally she got a better response from Jennifer Hudson's management.


More later....

No comments: